Friday, October 30, 2015

Everyday: Depression

everyday

My Life: Brought To You By Depression

Hi friends, 
I've been struggling a lot lately with my emotions so I decided to make this post for you and me. I just recently got done with an art project I was assigned by my lovely art professor and I thought I would share it will you all because I'm rather proud.
A movie poster. Simple. A movie poster representing our life. 
That's what we had to create, and as soon as I heard the words uttered from his lips I knew exactly what my little hands would be working on.
So let me just get into it. 

Confused? I thought you might be. 
Some of you might remember the painting I did that was a complete outpour of my emotions from depression and what I thought it had done to my head. -If you want a full explanation of the painting itself you can check out my post on instagram,which I'll link below, where I told it all.- Well when I heard Mr. Morgan introduce this assignment my painting popped into my head immediately. I knew I wanted my poster to focus on my depression because it had made a huge impact on my life. Both for better and for the worse. This project mostly represents the bad parts. I started thinking about what I thought the worst part of my depression is and came to the conclusion that it was definitely the negative thoughts. I have hardly any positives floating through my head anymore. It's quite dark in there; some might even say black, but in all reality I'm giving those thoughts to myself I'm feeding them to become huge monsters that take over my life. That's what my black handprints represent, the blackness of my negative thoughts that have taken over my whole body. The words that can faintly be seen behind my original painting are all words of positivity or things of happiness I feel I can't reach anymore. That's precisely the reason those words are faded and covered in some spots. I can see them there but they refuse to come to the surface. Since the assignment called for this to be a movie poster it needed a name and some credits. 
I named this piece of art 
MY LIFE: BROUGHT TO YOU BY DEPRESSION
And that is exactly what this poster represents; how I feel my life has been changed by this monster. In the credits I added all of the things that I think contribute to my depression. I thought it might be necessary to give them credit for their work. lol 
All of the words are typed in the same faded green of the background of the work and the font is in a style that isn't so clear. I decided on this feature because of the symbolism.
It's hard to get down to the core of my depression and figure out everything about it. 
I have to search and learn about my self, so I wanted the views of my poster to have to search and learn as well.

Keep on trucking, 
Paige <3


social media information

Paige: Instagram- locatinglifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment