Friday, December 11, 2015

Girl Talk: Body Image


body image

Hi my girls, 
For this "Girl Talk" I have decided to talk about BODY IMAGE. 
This has recently become a problem for me and it's thrown me off a lot because I, myself, never thought I would have negative self-talk based on the way my body looked, but here I am having difficulty with the way my body is appearing to me.
 That's right, ME.
 Nobody has told me I look unhealthy, nobody has told me my body looks ugly, nobody but myself. The way a person sees their body can be based on the thoughts of others and the pressures of the media, but in my case it's just me. I have been loosing a lot of weight recently for unknown reasons and I feel absolutely terrible about it. I look in the mirror and all I see are bones and it makes me feel so ugly. Mind you, I never have been FAT, but I have always had a little extra weight in certain areas and going from being a girl with love handles and chubby cheeks to a skeleton makes me feel icky. It's hard for me to get ready in the morning because all of the clothes I own are now baggy and not the best looking on my frame anymore.
 Because of the fact that I haven't been feeling the best about my body I wanted to make this post and give you all some tips if you happen to be feeling not the best about the way you are seeing yourself. 

1. Replace your negative words with positivity
-Instead of looking into the mirror and picking out what you don't like about how you look, take time to bask in the glory of your beauty and say out loud all of the positive things you love about your body. Even if they are small things they are something that you think looks lovely so acknowledge them!

2. Learn to accept compliments
-A lot of times it's easy to throw out a compliment somebody gives you when you're feeling negative about your body. However, when you learn to accept those compliments it puts a little bug in your ear that tells you "Hey, I am pretty!" or "Hey, I do look good in this outfit!" 
So eat it up people, take those compliments and run!

3. Celebrate when you feel good
-If you happen to be having a particularly good day where you are feeling on top of the world about how you look GO WITH IT! Make that day spectacular. It can be a rare occasion when you feel body positive so when it happens make a whole day of it. Do your hair, put on makeup, get a little dressed up, and maybe even take a day out somewhere! Take time to celebrate the fact that you are a beautiful being!

Good luck, and stay positive. 
You're all marvelously beautiful, 
Paige (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment