Sunday, August 23, 2015

Travel: Traveling with Anxiety

travel

traveling with anxiety


Okay friends, for this post I'm just going to slap on my journaling from when I was on the plane that way you get the real deal. The in the moment thoughts. 
Here we go.
Paige


August 11th, 2015
Tuesday
First thing is first, I'm not the realest, I'm the most terrified. Yesterday was hell because I couldn't control my anxiety. I mean, it's not like I've ever been able to control it, but yesterday I just couldn't shake it. I'm pretty sure it's because of the whole traveling thing. I don't do well with this because I have nothing but time on my hands and nothing in my hands to fill the time. That's hen it's the worst. when I have free time and nothing to do. My mind goes right to every little anxious thought it can come up with. Like I've said before, I don't know if i have much to say that will help, but putting out my experience could help somebody know they aren't alone in what they are feeling. With that being said, what I want from you guys is to comment down below this post and share what helps you fill your time while you travel, or even just on a day to day basis. 
The huge deal with my anxiety is that I get overwhelmingly nauseous, and in reality it's not just when I travel. It's constant. From the time I wake up until I close my eyes for the night the nausea from  my anxiety is there. It's really the worst, but let's get back to travel anxiety... I also think a lot of my anxiety from travel comes because I don't know what to expect. There's a lot of unknown with traveling and unknown is scary for me. This mooring was really the worst because I woke up from a not so great sleep, got ready, and then had to wait on everybody else to get prepared. Once again, just time. 
The two and a half hour ride to the airport was nothing, but I took a Benadryl and slept the whole way there. I felt way less anxious when we finally got to the airport because we were busy checking in and going through security and all of that jazz. I even felt a little excited and felt ready to go while we were boarding the plane. As soon as I sat down in my seat though it came back, and boy was it raging. Deep breaths. That's the only thing that helped. Because I had control over something, my breathing, I felt better. We are up in the air now and I still feel kind of nauseous, but I managed to get some crackers down that way I don't have a tummy that is anxious and nauseous. 
I wish I was more help for you guys reading this with the same problem, but hey, I'm still learning too. I just hope I'm alright once we land. It's a two hour drive from the airport to the house we are staying in, so I'm hoping to sleep on the way there. For now I'm just going to try and relax and get some pictures for you of the lovely view I have. I got a window seat (: 




Well guys, there you have it. The real deal. How everything went down for me. I do have good news! It got better after the 2nd or 3rd day and I was having a great time in Colorado. ANXIETY FREE! I plan on uploading a photo diary tomorrow of some of the things we did. 
Keep on keeping on,
Paige 



No comments:

Post a Comment