Monday, January 18, 2016

Beauty: Haul #2

beauty

Haul #2


Hey beauties, I'm back today with another beauty haul for you! 
I started to realize recently that my foundation was oxidizing on my face throughout the day and really wasn't the best match to my skin tone in the first place, so new foundation, powder, and an applicator was a must. I had also been realizing that the e.l.f mascara I had been using on a day to day basis was not actually staying on my eyelashes throughout the day, so a new mascara was definitely a necessity! I managed to pick up a few more things on my trip to the drugstore, so I thought I would share them with you!  
We'll go about this post in the order I would put these products on my face, so keep reading if you want to know about the new beauty products I purchased!

FACE: 



The first stop on my beauty supply shopping trip was to get a new foundation. Like I mentioned earlier, my previous foundation hadn't been cutting it for me lately, so I started looking into drugstore foundations. The one foundation that kept coming up was the L'oreal Infallible pro matte and let me tell you it is heaven sent! I have never in my life had a foundation that matched my skin so well, and the finish is fabulous! All you pale girls go ahead and check it out if you're having a hard time color matching your skin tone with other foundations! 



The next item that was on my shopping list was a "beauty blender" of course this is the real techniques version (which is much cheaper). I was in the market for a new makeup sponge because i love the airbrushed finish it can give your skin rather than the finish a normal makeup brush would provide. The shape of this sponge is perfect. There is a flat sloped edge that is perfect for blending foundation over the whole face, and a pointed tip that is great for blending around the eye area or even for covering up spots!



This eye lips and face High Definition Powder was kind of a spur of the moment purchase, but while perusing the makeup section I remembered that I hit pan on my favorite setting powder and thought I would try out a new one. This sheer powder claims to erase fine lines for a more airbrushed finish. I've only used the product twice and haven't noticed any miracle outcomes, but the product does the trick as a setting powder so I have no complaints. 

EYES: 



Like I mentioned at the beginning of this post my previous mascara was lacking in doing any sort of job for me so I decided to go for a new one. This product is WONDERFUL! Even without curling my lashed before putting this mascara on it works so well! The shape and hold it gives to my lashes is out of this world. The size of the wand is perfect for adding volume to your lashes and the curved shape of the wand allows you to get every lash and makes for a brilliant lift! This is a mascara I will definitely be repurchasing and one I highly recommend! 

LIPS: 



When I go shopping for beauty products I always have to have a stroll around the lipsticks because I adore lip products. I'm always looking for long-lasting lip products in a variety of colors and finishes and the Posh lipstick by e.l.f caught my eye on this particular trip. I tend to usually go for a vampy color and the berry tone of this lipstick drew me in straight away. This is an easy to wear berry color with rather a long-lasting power, but make sure you carry around a chapstick with you or apply a coat after the lipstick because it did dry my lips out just a smidgen. Overall though, I loved this lip product! 

Thanks for sticking around to see what I purchased, loves. 
Follow me on Instagram @locatinglifestyle to find out when my next blog post is ready for a read!
Have a magnificent day!
Paige 

No comments:

Post a Comment