Sunday, February 21, 2016

Lifestyle: Simplified Planner

lifestyle

Simplified Planner


Welcome back, darlings.
Today we are going to talk about this little life saver I like to call my planner.
Before I started college, or uni, I never in my life thought I was the person who would use a planner. However, during my first semester of college I thought I was going to loose my brain half the time because I just had a journal I would write my to-do lists in. While that was effective for a while I found myself still really unorganized with everything I had to do. Luckily one day on a shopping trip to the goodwill I found this little gem somebody thought they wouldn't need for the upcoming year! 
I HAVE NEVER GRABBED SOMETHING IN GOODWILL SO FAST!
I was so shocked to see that the planner on the shelf was, first of all, high quality, second of all, in date and ready for use in 2016, and third of all, $1.99!
The simplified planner by Emily Ley was exactly what I needed in my life!
Since I've been finding myself carrying this baby with me everywhere I thought it was necessary for me to show you all the bells and whistles and why I love my planner so much!
I'll be sure to share a link at the end of the post that leads you to were you can get one of these magnificent creations yourself!
Let's get a move on!!!

One of the first things that caught my eye was the fact that the planner had different tabs for each month. This makes it so easy to find the date you need and get straight to it! 

This specific planner even comes with a bonus! On the inside cover there is a pocket that holds a tiny unlined notebook for brainstorming, random thoughts, and anything else you might need it for. I use mine to help me keep track of my blog and write down any new ideas that come to me. 
On the right side of the front page is a short note from the creator of the planner that gives you a quick idea of her life and why she uses a planner!

Since this is "The Simplified Planner", on the next two pages you will find a little blurb about the process of simplifying and also some tips on how to simplify! 

Flipping over to the next two pages you will find a full year calendar so you can get a clear picture of the year ahead. The page right next to that is set up to write down you 2016 Bucket List. To the right of each line is a small bubble for you to place a check mark once you've completed that task!
At the moment mine is empty, but if your little heart desires fill it up to the maximum and check your list off as you go!

 I absolutely love the fact that when I flip open my planner to a month tab the first thing I see is a layout of the whole month. This is where I make sure to mark any important dates, like birthdays, due-dates, and appointments. To the left of the calendar there is also a little section for notes. That's a great place to write down things that apply to the whole month and not just one day. 

Another factor in my love equation for this planner is how each day is set up. As you can see in the above picture there is a page for everyday, and on each page there is a column labeled "Today" with each hour layed out, and a side labeled "To Do" where you can write down the tasks you need to accomplish for that day. At the bottom of each week day page there is a place to write out your plans for dinner, and also any notes that might not fit in the other spaces for that day. 

For the weekends things are set up a little differently. You will find Saturday and Sunday on the same page. Each day has the same columns labeled "Today" and also has a "To Do" column, but Sunday is where the set up changes. Instead of a "To Do" list on Sunday there is a section that is entitled "Weekly Prep". Placed here are a few things for you to do on Sunday that will make the week ahead a little simpler. There are also a few empty slots where you can write down whatever else you may need to tackle on that particular Sunday. I also adore that in between Saturday and Sunday there is a small space that is set aside for you to write down a happy memory from that week, and I think that is a wonderful way to end your weekend and start a new week. 

The last, and probably most simple, part I love about my planner is that on the top of every single page there is an inspirational quote. This, Mrs. Emily, was the most brilliant idea you've ever had! Whenever I feel overwhelmed or like I can't complete everything I have written in my planner all I have to do is take a glance at the top of that day the I will find a little phrase to help me work through it. 


Well we got through it all!
Thanks for sticking around through the whole post! Hopefully this helped you with your busy schedules, and gave you a little inspiration to get your life organized!
Make sure you find some time to slip some fun things into your schedule every now and again!
Much love, 
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment