Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Everyday: The Real Struggles

everyday

the real struggles



I'm invisible until I'm Convenient 


Hey pals, 

Today I'm introducing a new segment I like to call "the real struggles". Essentially these are going to be posts where I moan about my (mostly) first world problems and hope that you all feel the same way. Some of these will be more serious than others, but they are all my struggles. 
I've come to realize there are a lot of things that happen in life that might seem simple, but can really ruin a good day. Let me give you an example, the guy in front of me in my History 101 class refuses to acknowledge that I exist and all I'm trying to do is pass the attendance sheet. Low and behold though, as soon as the person next to me said they would try he turned right around and got it. KEEP IN MIND THIS IS AN EVERYDAY THING! To put it bluntly, I'm sick of being invisible unless it's convenient for the other party involved, so I'm here to put in my two cents about issues such as these and rant a little bit about how they make me feel. 
These posts are most likely going to end up in a journal-ish format, so bare with me if they are all over the place. I'll get my point across soon enough. (:
Buckle up, and enjoy the ride. 

I've recently discovered that I'm only visible to people, A.) when they need me, B.) when I'm dressed contrary to others, or C.) when i have makeup on. 


  • First of all being invisible is a huge issue to me because it makes me feel even worse about myself. If I'm making an effort to acknowledge your presence could you do the same? You don't even have to speak to me people; just acknowledge that I'm alive please!
  • Second, its the worst thing to me that people can not talk to me at all, not know my name, not look at me any other time, except when they need me. I'm not a freaking shopping cart people. You don't just pick me up if you think you might need a little extra help carrying your load. DON'T USE ME!
  • Third, If there is anything worse than getting no attention from humans at all, it's getting attention from every human because you look different. Just because I have blue hair and fashion sense that is different than your cowboy boots and dirty jeans, that does not give you the go ahead to stare at me the whole time I'm walking through campus. I'm not a freak of nature because I look different. 
  • Fourth, don't only notice me or only talk to me when I have makeup on. I understand that most days I look like I've just gotten out of a zombie apocalypse because I don't feel like putting on a full face of beauty products, but when I do wear makeup don't stare at me. You didn't feel the need to gawk at me yesterday with my tired eyes and red skin, so don't gawk today. 
With all that being said, there is a positive side to the being invisible thing; when your having one of those days when you don't feel like talking to anybody you don't have to worry about it because nobody is trying to talk to you. 
Find the bright side in these things, loves!
Thanks for the read, 
Paige 

No comments:

Post a Comment