Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Everyday: The Real Struggles

everyday

the real struggles


Today, my friends, I am here to present you with a terrible struggle and I'm raising hell about it!
This is most definitely a first world problem, but if you are reading this from the internet on an apple device it's one that you NEED TO READ!
This issue is so large that it recently cost me $300. Yes, you did read that correctly- $300. 
And all because...
APPLE COMPUTERS CAN NOW GET VIRUSES!
They didn't tell you that did they? 
About a week ago I woke up and tried to use my internet service on my laptop, and was receiving so many pop up ads I couldn't get anything done. I got a notification telling me to call an 1800 number in order to get the popup ads off of my computer. Little did I know that when I called there would be no other option but to pay a service fee to get rid of the virus and then add virus protection to my computer. I was totally fine with this except for the fact that I had to pay a whopping $300. 
I was outraged. Not only because I had to pay $300, but because I was NEVER told that I needed to protect my MacBook. Apple products haven't ever been able to get viruses until around 8 months ago when hackers discovered the code to the apple software and can now get in and mess with all of your things just like what could happen with any non-mac computer. The reason this is such a huge issue to me is because Apple is doing all they can to not have this surface and become a widely known problem. In my mind that is the worst thing you can do! I don't understand why you wouldn't let your users know that they are now susceptible to viruses and they need to protect themselves? Luckily I didn't get the worst case of viruses. Some people are actually having their computers held at ransom and having to pay way more money to get control back from the hacker. The FBI is dealing with this case, so why is Apple not letting us know?!
Personally, I totally think I should be refunded my $300 because I never was aware that my Mac needed protection let alone $300 worth of protection. 
While there is probably no hope for me getting my money back, I figured getting this out there might help all of you reading this save a little money. All I can tell you to do is protect your computer before it gets the virus! This most definitely will save you an immense amount of money. I used the Pro-tekt services and they are offering a life-time guarantee at the moment so when you pay $300 you are set for virus protection for as along as you wish to use a computer! I do believe there are smaller packages available that don't cost as much as well, but my computer was too far gone to try and use any other service. Pro-tekt has AMAZING customer service and offer a 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed for all services. 
I know this wasn't the most interesting post, but I thought you all should know that if you're using a macbook and thinking you can't get a virus you are dead wrong and you should protect your computer today! 
Thanks for popping by to listen to me rant about my real everyday struggles!
Paige 

pro-tekt contact information: 
(844) 802-2081 
LINK TO PRO-TEKT WEBSITE

No comments:

Post a Comment