Saturday, March 12, 2016

Beauty: My Flawless Foundation Routine

beauty

flawless foundation routine


Hey lovelies, 
Over the past few weeks I've found the foundation routine that has my heart for the moment.
I figured since I'm loving all the products I'd share them with you along with the how I've been applying my base makeup! 
Let us get to it, shall we? 


The first product I put on my face is, once again, a simple find from the dollar general!
I scoop out about a dime sized amount and apply it all over my face.
This moisturizer is thick enough that it even acts a little bit as a primer to hold my foundation throughout the day. 


After the moisturizer drys I dampen my real techniques blending sponge, which I hauled in a beauty post linked HERE, and apply my L'oreal infallible pro-matte foundation in dots arounds my face. The sponge is the tool that makes all of the difference! With the flat edge of my dampened blending sponge I stipple the foundation on my face blending lightly where necessary to create an airbrushed finish. 
For any spots that need extra concealing I go back in with a small amount of foundation and the apply with the pointed end of the sponge. 


When my foundation is blended in seamlessly I take the the flat edge of the real techniques sponge and place this elf High Definition Powder under my eyes and on my T-zone. Don't blend this out yet! I let the powder sit on my face for a minute or two "baking" my face, and then lightly dust away the excess powder. This process seems to make imperfections such as pores and fine lines disappear leaving you with flawless looking skin! Definitely a key step in my routine. 


The final step in my foundation routine is to contour and highlight. This product I mentioned in my first beauty haul, linked HERE. First I apply the contour right below my cheekbones and blend it back into my hairline. I also use a small amount to bronze the temples of my forehead, and to contour right underneath my chin. The highlighter is really subtle, so I apply it to the tops of my cheekbones for a hint light, and also under my contour line to make sure I have a seamless blend. 

Hopefully you found a few new products to test out, and a routine that will leave you looking perfect!
Let me know in the comments what your go-to products are for your everyday makeup routine, or if you have seen any products you would like me to test out and review. 
Thanks for taking peek at my foundation routine!
Paige  


No comments:

Post a Comment