Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Lifestyle: Admiration #2

lifestyle

admiration



Above is a picture of a man I like to call Papa, others call him Bob McGuire.
This is Caleb's Grandfather. 
The picture above is one of my favorite pictures I have of Papa because it's him standing next to the gate of the mill he used to work in when he was a young boy. 
A while back a wrote a post on here that came to be very popular about Papa's wife Gran. You can find that post linked HERE, but I realized the other day that there are a lot of things I admire about Papa as well. Things I wish to live out in my everyday life and look to him for inspiration, so today I'm here to present you with a post similar to Gran's all about why I admire Mr. Bob McGuire. 
Here we go!

#1. Papa's hard work ethic
Papa's life hasn't always been the easiest, and he's had to work hard to get to where he is. From working in the mill, to being in the Korean war, to taking care of Gran, papa is one of the hardest workers I know. I can only hope that I have the will to work as hard as he does for as long as he has. 

#2. Papa's Cleanliness
Saturday is cleaning day. That's the schedule and there is no straying from that. The house is always clean. His son Mike came in the other day with deer blood all over him and as soon as he walked out of the door papa went everywhere he was with a wet cloth and wiped it clear even if there was nothing to be seen.
Maybe an odd characteristic to admire, but I'd like to be that persistent with cleaning. 

#3. Papa's truthfulness
If there its one thing I admire the most about papa it's that he's going to give it to you straight. It doesn't matter who you are, if you go up to Papa on any given day and you ask him how he's doing he isn't gonna give you that fake "Good, how are you?" thing he'll let you know straight up if he's having a hard time or if he's having a really good day. 
It's really the best quality a person can have in my opinion. 

#4. Papa's ability to stay true to his faith 
With all of the things that papa has gone through in his life-some mentioned above-I can't grasp why he still has faith in God. Papa has it. He gets it. It's so simple for him and I admire that so much. He knows what he believes and will still stand in his faith even when everything else could be wrecking his world. He's such a strong man. 

I really hope that you all found a little love for the great qualities that papa has!
I'm so thankful that you stopped by to read. 
Paige 







No comments:

Post a Comment