Thursday, July 23, 2015

Everyday: Why I journal

everyday

why i journal

Hey guys, I'm not really having the best day today and I realized that in my Mental Health post I didn't talk about journaling. Journaling is another huge part of what keeps me half way sane when my breakdowns occur. So there it is, part of the answer. I journal to keep myself sane. 
Journaling allows me to just spit out whatever thoughts are in my head, and honestly sometimes I don't even realize what I'm feeling until I journal. It's so freeing. You can word vomit all over a little page full of lines and then it's gone. Everything in that moment is on the page of the journal and you don't have to worry about it being stuck in your head. 
You're free. The thoughts are gone. DON'T KEEP THINKING THEM.
Ha, easy to say...not so easy to do. However, it is a step in the right direction to even pick up a pen and a sheet of paper and scribble your emotions on it. Even if the thoughts don't go away it's therapeutic to write and get out everything that you are feeling. 
I'm sorry this isn't a happy post, and I'm sorry I'm not giving you pictures to look at but I just needed to let out how I feel. Tomorrow I'm going to try and upload a little photo diary of my time here in Tennessee. I hope that goes well. 

Keep pushing, 
Paige


No comments:

Post a Comment