Friday, July 10, 2015

Everyday: Picnic 101

everyday

Picnic 101




Meet my wonderful model for the day-aka, my boyfriend- Caleb. We've been wanting to go on a picnic for sometime now but hadn't gotten around to it because we didn't have a proper picnic basket. The other day we got lucky and stumbled upon the on you see in the picture, and today we tried it out! I'm going to share some of my tips and tricks that will hopefully make your picnicking experience just as wonderful as ours was!

TIP 1:
-Find yourself a good picnic basket- 

This may seem like something that doesn't matter much, but trust me, it make ALL the difference. It was so easy for Caleb and I to get everything ready, fill the basket, and walk with it to our spot. We got lucky enough to find this basket at the Blu Butterfly in downtown Easley, SC. It even came with a blanket, cloth napkins, silver wear, cups, and plates. Everything was made so simple and it was all adorable (Their Info will be at the end). Getting a good picnic basket will make your whole experience that much easier and definitely cuter.

TIP 2:
-Make do with what you have-

Silly me didn't think to check the kitchen last night to make sure I had everything ready to go for our picnic today so I had to be flexible. I thought I had a small Tupperware bowl that I could scoop some mayonnaise in to take for our sandwiches, but when I went to grab it this morning the container wasn't there. I found an empty jar and thought i might be able to use that, but-just my luck-no lid. So my second thought was plastic wrap, but we all know how this goes, there was none of that either. So i settled for sealing the jar of mayonnaise with a coffee filter and a rubber band. Hey, it worked!






  TIP 3:
-Share a dish-

I was always told sharing is caring, so why not keep that moral going. Not only is it a nice thing to do, but sharing a dish with a special somebody can be sweet and romantic too. It is also fun to giggle with each other while fighting over who gets the bite of salad with all the bacon bits. I know, we're so healthy. (;






TIP 4:
-Make sure to bring an extra bag-

Luckily when we bought our magnificent picnic basket it came with the blanket and cloth napkins in a cloth bag,  but if you don't have a cloth bag don't worry. Just make sure you bring a plastic or reusable grocery bag. The reason behind this is because there most likely will be spills. Things might get messy; roll with it. As soon as we got set up today caleb spilled his drink all over the front conner of the blanket. There was no reason to worry though because when we were done eating we could just toss the dirty blanket and dirty napkins in the extra bag and wash everything when we got home. No fuss. Simple as that. 



Hopefully you learned something from my tips, or even just some inspiration to go out and picnic. Huge thank you to Blu Butterfly for carrying awesome merchandise and allowing me to make this picnic possible. Remember, being outside is good for your health, so get out there and enjoy some sun!

Happy Picnicking, 
Paige 




social media information:
Blu Butter fly: Instagram- BluButterflyVintage
Etsy- Etsy.com/shop/TheBluButterfly

Paige Callahan: Instagram- locatinglifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment